Here are the many ways NGPR endeavors to help Great Pyrenees rescue:
- NGPR, through its web site, nationalpyr.org, will publicize and promote the breed and Pyrs in need of rescue, rehabilitation and adoption.
- NGPR will use social media and networking sites to maintain communications between shelters, rescuers and adopters.
- NGPR will use and make available online tools needed to place dogs effectively and efficiently.
- NGPR will provide accurate information about the breed and promote education about the breed.
- NGPR will support existing, legitimate Pyr rescue groups and their activities and will help new rescue groups become established in places where effective breed rescue does not currently exist.
- NGPR will work with established, reputable Great Pyrenees rescue groups to facilitate highly selective, one-on-one placement of Great Pyrenees dogs across the country.
- NGPR will work with other national groups to promote the regulation of pet stores, puppy mills and breeders to avoid the excess production and discarding of animals.
- NGPR will fund-raise on a national basis to provide aid and relief for Pyr rescue.